So which administration constructed the Hohoe township roads – is it the former Kufour regime or incumbent Mahama led administration?
The construction of the roads has been a topic for discussion over the past few days with some concerned Hohoe residents crediting the Mahama-led administration for the construction.
Before their claims – NPP Flagbearer Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in his termed – ‘The True State of The Nation Address’ mentioned Ex-President John Agyekum Kufour for ensuring the Hohoe township roads construction – which the NDC are now claiming they did in President Mahama’s recent State of the Nation Address.
However, a Concerned Hohoe Resident, Daniel Acheampong, citing the Department of Urban Roads as his source, accused the NPP Flagbearer of misleading the public and uncharacteristically insulted the President of Ghana.…
- Hohoe Traffic Light to market road: Completed in 2015
- Hohoe Hospital Road: Awarded in 2015 and is under construction
- Hohoe Post Office to Obama Junction and through to Education: Completed in 2012
- Hohoe to Kitikpa road: Awarded in 2005 and completed in 2010.
- Hohoe EP Secondary road: Awarded in 2005 and completed in 2010.
Evidences given by Daniel Acheampong debunks Nana Addo’s claims that the roads were completed during the Kufuor regime.
Less than 24hours after the publication on
Peacefmonline.com , former Hohoe Municipal Chief Executive, Mr John Peter Amewu, says the concerned resident got it all wrong.
The former government appointee confirmed Nana Addo’s earlier claims that the Hohoe township roads were indeed constructed under the former Kufour administration – “ Akufo-Addo was right about Hohoe town roads ”
Read his facts below
- The 46 kilometre of road from Pepesu to Nkwanta was funded by EU fund under President Kufuor. The NPP had secured funding for the construction of the road before President Kufuor left office.
- The Golokwati-Hohoe road was constructed under NPP double seal (awarded to Rollider)
- All Hohoe town roads were constructed by NPP. These include:
a)Post office to electricity (awarded to GOHES Ltd);
- b) The district assembly to the electricity (awarded to GOHES Ltd);
- c) The post office square to the stadium (awarded to GOHES Ltd);
- d) The market to the hospital (awarded to GOHES Ltd);
- e) Zongo junction to Barclays (awarded to GOHES Ltd); and
- f) Post office Square to St Francis College (awarded to GOHES Ltd)
- In all about 7.2km of the town road was constructed under the NPP with chipping spray.
- The 300-metre hospital road in Hohoe is currently under construction at very slow pace. This includes the construction of the side drains. This section of the town road was awarded under the NDC.
- Work on the other road network in Hohoe, involving the construction of drains at Kpeme, Bla and Abanse road, has been abandoned over a year ago with the contractor having vacated the site.